Skip to main content

March's Book - Envy of Angels

Quick post to not only let you know that I'm not dead, but also introduce my personal reading assignment for March.

Envy of Angels, by Matt Wallace.

In New York, eating out can be hell. 
Everyone loves a well-catered event, and the supernatural community is no different, but where do demons go to satisfy their culinary cravings? 
Welcome to Sin du Jour - where devils on horseback are the clients, not the dish.

The series was pitched to me by a podcast as a heist story where instead of the crew being criminals and thieves ... they're chefs trying to make a crazy-awesome meal.

That sounds absolutely up my alley, so I added it to my reading list immediately.

I'd love it if anyone had time to add it to theirs!


Comments

  1. I've actually read the first three (ish?) of these novellas. I don't want to say any more in case I influence your opinion but poke me when you're finished and let's discuss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I will say I was initially hesitant because I dislike present tense so much. (Also I just finished the first scene with the ... umm. Chicken Nuggets. And ... yeeesh.)

      I plan on continuing for now, and am hoping the cast of characters settles down to recognizeable people in my head. (I typically have a problem with large casts, so I'm not surprised by this one).

      Delete
    2. Excellent. (Also -- side note? I made a bunch of other comments yesterday but they seem to be being held for approval)

      Delete
    3. Ack, thank you for that! I did NOT receive emails indicating I needed to approve things!

      Delete

Post a Comment